On April 18th we kick off the Fleet Fleet Dirt Cheap Trail Race Series for the 2012 trail season. Yellow Jacket Racing produces a series of 6 evening trail races on local area trails. The Dirt Cheap series offers a challenge to the most experienced trail runner while at the same time offering a course and atmosphere that even a novice will be able to appreciate.
1. What motivation did you have to start the Dirt Cheap series?
The FFSDCTRS was started for a few reasons
1. The Economy was starting to go bad and we wanted to be able to offer lower price options for races
2. We wanted to get more people to get out on the trails and give trail running a chance without having to do a long race
2. What can someone expect when they run one of your courses?
For the FFSDCTRS courses each course will feel longer then it is as we like to throw in hills, single track, mud, turns and anything else that looks interesting. The idea is to challenge yourself in a fun way
3. What if I am a newer runner and nervous about running on trails?
Start on some easy ones, even the greenway and gradually build up to tougher trails. And when in doubt about your ability to tackle a trail, walk it.
- April 18th Mendon 6:30 pm
- May 16th Webster 6:30 pm
- June 13th Lucien Morin Park 6:30 pm
- July 18th Mendon 6:30 pm
- August 15th Webster 6:30 pm
- September 12th Lucien Morin Park 6:00 pm
DIRECTIONS TO PARKS:
MENDON PONDS PARK – Route 65 (Clover Street) south from Monroe Avenue. Go to 3rd entrance. Turn left onto the Pond Rd/Nature Center Entrance. At bottom of big hill turn left. The race starts at the top of Devil’s Bathtub. If you went past the big Mendon Pond you went too far. Look for signs.
WEBSTER PARK – Take Route 104 East to Holt Road exit; Turn L on Holt Road to Lake Rd. Turn Left onto Lake Rd. Drive approx. 1/2 mile to camp access road on left. This will take you back to Onondaga Lodge. Starting point is Onondaga Lodge.
LUCIEN MORIN PARK (FORMERLY ELLISON WETLANDS)– 590 to Empire Blvd East. Park is at bottom of hill next to MacGregor’s.”
Source-Yellow Jacket Racing