#TrailsRoc is an organization dedicated to the growth of trails and trail running in the greater Rochester, NY area. It is with this goal in mind that we formed the #TrailsRoc Ambassador Program.
Every winter we award $500.00 to runners who we believe will represent us well. We ask them to have a big goal race in mind and we will help make that happen. We support them financially, with training, and with encouragement and energy.
In return they wear our shirt at the event they trained for and write us a post race recap. In addition to that we ask them to share their stories with our community and with the world.
We want our hashtag trending. We want our trails out there for the world to see. We want you to tell our story to others and to share in the joy of what we do.
Do you see yourself in this role? Do you think you can represent #TrailsRoc well at a race and online over the course of the year ? The application is below – Let us know your story!
The winner will also receive a #TrailsRoc tech shirt to wear in their race. The deadline for application submission is October 31st, 2018.
By submitting this application, you acknowledge the following terms of the #TrailsRoc ambassador program, and you agree to abide by these terms if you receive a #TrailsRoc ambassadorhip:
1. The #TrailsRoc ambassador program is intended for the specific race or races indicated in your application and agreed to by the #TrailsRoc Board of Directors (the “sponsored race(s)”). In exchange for sponsorship support, you agree to register, prepare for, and [run your ass off] in the sponsored race(s).
2. As part of the ambassador program, you will receive a #TrailsRoc technical race shirt in the size of your choice. You agree to wear that shirt visibly throughout the sponsored race(s). [Dangerous weather conditions, a bear mauling, and extreme nipple chaffage may constitute sufficient excuse for failing to wear the shirt for a portion of the race. In fact, please do not wear our shirt with bloody nips.]
3. You agree to write a summary or “race recap” describing your experience in the sponsored race(s) for publication on the #TrailsRoc website. [A race recap should be longer than a tweet, but shorter than War and Peace. Pictures are encouraged. Accounts of your problematic bodily functions are fair game. Pictures of your bodily functions are not.] If you are unclear on the form or length of an appropriate race recap, #TrailsRoc will provide guidance and examples.
4. You agree to weekly posts on your social media account telling your story through the calendar year with our hashtag, #TrailsRoc. As a general guide, these posts should show the trails you run, the obstacles you overcome, and should share our vision of a love for the outdoors
5. If you accept a #TrailsRoc sponsorship and do not abide by the above terms, you agree to repay the sponsorship money to #TrailsRoc. [If you have worn the shirt, we don’t want it back.] #TrailsRoc will use the repaid money for the purpose of funding a trails project of its choice. If for any reason, after accepting a #TrailsRoc sponsorship, you become aware that you cannot comply with the above terms, you agree to promptly notify #TrailsRoc. For good cause, exceptions or modifications to the above terms, such as a need to change sponsored races due to injury or other unforeseen circumstances, may be permitted at the discretion of #TrailsRoc and its Board of Directors. [We will work with you if you aren’t a jerk about it.]